Plan a Ribbon Cutting
Why should I host a Ribbon Cutting?
Ribbon cuttings are an excellent way to publicize your business or organization. Any business moving to a new location, remodeling its facility, under new ownership or new management, launching a new product or service qualifies for a ribbon cutting ceremony as long as that business is a member in good standing of the Lenoir County Chamber of Commerce.
Who may request a Ribbon Cutting? How is it requested and scheduled?
- Only chamber members are eligible to hold ribbon cuttings
- A ribbon cutting request form must be submitted to the Chamber at least 3 weeks prior to the date of your ribbon cutting. This allows for maximum exposure and promotion of your event.
- You will be contacted by the Membership Director to confirm your event
What does the Chamber do?
- Send out an calendar event and Facebook post inviting our network of businesses to your ribbon cutting
- Provide an official ribbon cutting with bows, ribbon and official Chamber of Commerce scissors
- Takes photos for our newsletter, website, and Facebook page. If requested, you may receive a copy of the photos taken
- Facebook live video will be taken, boosting visibility of your business or organization
- Arranges for the Chamber President, Board Chairperson, Board Members, City/County Officials and Chamber Ambassadors to attend. (attendance may vary due to scheduling)
- Prepares the agenda for a short program which includes the business owner or representative of your choosing.
- The program and ribbon cutting photo from start to finish last around 20-30 minutes, however, attendees may stay longer to network and check out your business
- Schedule the date of the event. Ribbon cuttings are held on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 11 a.m. and must be scheduled 3 weeks in advance to maximize attendance and avoid scheduling conflicts
- Provide background information on your company and write a short summary of what you do, your mission, reason for holding a ribbon cutting, location and hours of operation. Please email this summary to email@example.com when you schedule your ribbon cutting to prevent delays
- Invite your employees and their families. We want to showcase your business and that includes your people!
- Consider offering a discount on merchandise purchased the day of the ribbon cutting or other promotion to draw attendees
- Provide light refreshments. While not required, refreshments are recommended. It encourages attendees to stay around longer, networking, and gives you more time to connect with potential customers. If you have the event catered, you must use a chamber member.
- If your business or organization does not have a physical location or feel your business would not be suitable for the ceremony, you may use the Chamber office free of charge
We are here for you during this process. If you have any questions, please contact us at 252.527.1131