Join the Chamber
Join the Chamber
Membership in the Kinston-Lenoir County Chamber of Commerce comes with benefits, including two listings in our directory, which is a great way to direct people to your business or organization and enhance visibility. Other reasons to join include a variety of marketing and networking opportunities for your business and your products. We encourage our members to get involved and participate in helping us grow the organization and our community.
What does the Chamber do for Me?
The Chamber opens the door for you to build relationships with other businesses and individuals that can assist you in developing your business model. The chamber is your community connection.
- Membership brings credibility to your business. Increase positive perception among consumers and business owners when you’re identified as a chamber member.
- Increase your visibility in the community. As a new member of the chamber of commerce, you will be listed in the chamber newsletter, e-newsletter, on Facebook and have the opportunity to be highlighted in other chamber publications. You also can grow your business by advertising with the chamber and sponsoring events. We also promote your grand opening/ ribbon-cutting ceremony on social media, print media and handle invitations to our members and city and council government.
- Create networking opportunities. Our Chamber has a number of hard-working committees committed to the growth and development of our community. Serving on one of these committees not only gives you firs-hand knowledge of what’s going on in Kinston and Lenoir County, but also provides numerous networking opportunities as well as professional leadership development. You can build your business while promoting developments of keen interest to local businesses and the community at large.
- Gain a voice in government. This chamber takes on tough issues and works hard to promote a legislative agenda that benefits our small business community. This involvement helps protect the principles of free enterprise and aids businesses in being treated fairly.
- Make business contacts. Our most fundamental mission is to generate more business activity for the community. The chamber initiates more business-to-business commerce and more opportunities for networking and connecting local professionals than is available through most other local organizations.
- Be in-the-know with chamber newsletters and member updates. Our chamber takes pride in our ability to provide our members with important information about new and existing members, interesting information about operating a local business, articles about the local community, a community calendar and details about up-and-coming chamber events, among other things.
- Acquire customer referrals. Every day, we receive calls from individuals and businesses looking for business and service recommendations in our area. We only recommend chamber members! Be sure your business or organization is being referred.
- Chamber events and programs. Our Chamber is particularly active. Chamber events and programs provide members are exclusive and offer great opportunities to get to know new people and expand your prospect base. These events are innovative and fun ways connect our members with potential customers, clients and vendors— and generate new business leads.
- Promotion and publicity. With a chamber membership, you can reach potential clients through member exclusive advertising and opportunities for business-to-business advertising and publicity.
We look forward to helping you grow your business or organization and being an advocate for you in our community.